Recently, I've been running a game of Pictionary, before our designer catch-up meetings, to break the ice and get the creative juices flowing.
You only need a few things to run one yourself, with both local and remote team members alike.
- Whiteboard app — Invision Freehand, there are plenty of other options like Miro, Witeboard
- Words/Phrases — Pictionary Generator
- Timer — Timer app
- Screen Sharing — Appear.in, Google Meet, or Zoom
Nice to have
- iPad with Apple Pencil & corresponding Whiteboard app
- Pick team members of 2 at random.
- Share & display the whiteboard using the screen sharing/meeting app.
- Get team member ready, with canvas centered.
- Hit Generate on the whiteboard generator & privately show drawer the word/phrase.
- Start the 1-minute timer.
- Record the time remaining, when guesser correctly guesses. This is their score.
- Repeat for each team of 2.
- Highest score wins. 🏆