Writing for the web
- Sentence case by default
- When creating a link, don’t include the terminal punctuation
- When creating a link, ensure the text describes the action of clicking the link or the destination of the link
- Punctuation goes inside the quotation marks for complete sentences; otherwise it goes outside, in the UK style.
- Oxford comma: This, that, and the other.
- Em dashes: Format them—like this—with no spaces on either side.
- En Dashes: Used to denote a range, such as January 10–16.
Common words and phrases
- Web page